keskiviikko 8. tammikuuta 2020

Ellis Island October 12, 2019



Ellis Island

Ellis Island by Ada



I’m going to tell you about Ellis Island that we visited on Saturday, October 12th. We went there by ferry, since it’s the only way to get there.

There we had to go find the Great Hall, where all the people trying to immigrate to the USA had to go and wait to get a permission to stay in America. The other task was to find something about Finnish people. I and my pair found a passport owned by a Finnish man. Also we had to find out about the procedures, which everyone coming to America had to go through on Ellis Island.



I personally really liked the Great Hall and the entire building; it was pretty and old fashioned in a beautiful way. Also, the museum part was quite interesting. I’d have loved to go around the building and see more stuff there, but we had very little time to look around, which was a shame. But well, at least I’ll have something left to see the next time I visit!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti