perjantai 25. joulukuuta 2015

Home away from home








West Side YMCA is a hostel located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan right next to Central Park. The address is 5 West 63rd St. It’s a fairly old building with 13 floors and a nice lobby, plus there was a Wi-Fi which was awesome. The location of the hostel was just perfect. There was a metro station (Columbus Circle) very near and it was just a 10-minute-walk to 5th avenue, where I spent most of my free time during the week. You can literally see the Metropolitan Opera from the front door, and that was super handy on the night of the opera. Most of the group had single rooms, and I thought the rooms were good for a hostel, but I feel like not everybody felt that way. There are public bathrooms, which was kind of weird at first but I got used to them. I for one didn’t have the time to think about the quality of the hostel because we quite literally only slept there, and for that purpose it was surprisingly amazing. The staff were nice and the rooms were cleaned every day. 

Room with a view

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti